Barcelona are interested in signing Matheus Nunes from Wolverhampton Wanderers in the summer transfer window, according to . The report has claimed that former La Liga and UEFA Champions League winners Barcelona are looking for cover in the middle of the park, and that Nunes is one of the players they are considering.
The 24-year-old Portuguese star has made 25 starts and three substitute appearances in the Premier League for the Wanderers so far this season, scoring one goal and providing one assist in the process.
Wolves are 13th in the Premier League table at the moment with 34 points from 31 matches, as many as seven points above the relegation zone. Meanwhile, Barcelona currently find themselves at the top of the La Liga table at the moment with 73 points from 29 m…
Sami Khedira turned down a reporter s offer of flight passes to take him and his Germany team-mates home from the World Cup in Russia, insisting they would not be needed until after the final.
Germany are in a precarious position in Group F after suffering a 1-0 defeat against Mexico in their opening game on Sunday, but Khedira said Joachim Low s squad remain confident of progressing to the knockout stages.
Die Mannschaft face Sweden on Saturday before their final group game against South Korea on Wednesday and Juventus midfielder Khedira rejected suggestions that their campaign could be over after just two matches.
When a Swedish reporter cheekily handed him tickets for flights back to Germany, claiming he would need them after the defending champions lose on Sa…
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has insisted his team-mates will remain grounded following Sunday s 4-1 win over Manchester United.
The 25-year-old grabbed two goals to help City crush their local rivals at the Etihad Stadium and lay down an early marker in the chase for the 2013-14 Premier League title.
But Aguero is adamant that manager Manuel Pellegrini, who enjoyed a dream derby debut, will not allow his charges to get carried away.
We will keep our feet on the ground the manager won t let us put our hands down anyway and keep on battling, he said.
It s important to keep going. There are a lot of teams capable of winning the championship, but we are going to do everything we can to be the team that wins it.
I m very happy for the victory and the t…
West Ham United centre-back Winston Reid has put pen to paper on a new two-year deal at Upton Park, .
Reid, 24, joined the Hammers from Danish Superliga side FC Midtjylland for an undisclosed transfer fee in August 2010.
Over the past two seasons, the New Zealand international has become a first-team regular in central defence for West Ham. The 24-year-old oftentimes features alongside Wales international James Collins.
I ve really enjoyed being here, said Reid. It s a good club and we ve done really well over the last couple of years. Now, I m looking forward to the next two years.
I think I have played some good football over the last two years but that goes for the whole team as well. Hopefully we can continue that. Of course we now plan…
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil claims no footballer is worth the €50 million which the Gunners paid to sign him from Real Madrid.
The Germany international became Arsenal s record signing when he joined from the Liga giants in 2013.
Ozil s place as the Premier League s most expensive import has since been eclipsed by both Manchester clubs, with United spending £59.7m (€75m) on Angel Di Maria before City splashed out a reported £54.5m (€73m) on Kevin De Bruyne.
And Ozil admits there is no top player who is worth such an astronomical fee, telling German publication Express: No man is worth €50 million, that s why we have to be careful in the game not to lose our grip on reality.
Arsenal take on Bayern Munich in the Champions League in October and Ozil a…
Erik ten Hag says he can finally select his strongest Manchester United team for the first time during his two-year Old Trafford reign.
United return to Premier League action at Wolves on Thursday buoyed by Casemiro, Lisandro Martinez and Luke Shaw all getting game time in Sunday’s 4-2 FA Cup win at Newport after being injured for much of the season.
It was the first time the trio had started together since the second game of the season at Tottenham in August.
It s good to have you back, lads ||
— Manchester United (@ManUtd)
Harry Maguire also made a late cameo from the bench in South Wales – his first appearance since December 12 following a groin problem – while Cameroon goalkeeper Andre Onana will be available at Molineux after retu…
Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea and Juventus.
Europe s elite are lining up to sign Erling Haaland, but who will he join?
Whoever it is, Haaland is set to command a mammoth contract.
TOP STORY – HAALAND ASKING FOR LUCRATIVE DEAL
Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland wants a contract in the region of £78million (€90m) as speculation intensifies over his future, according to the Daily Star.
Haaland is a player in demand following his exploits for Bundesliga side Dortmund, linked with the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea and Juventus.
The report claims Haaland wants a five-year deal worth around £300,000 (€346,000) per week.
Tomorrow s …
Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte has won a long-awaited international call-up for France s Euro 2020 qualifiers against Albania and Andorra.
Laporte, who cost City £57million 19 months ago, has the unwanted distinction of being the most expensive uncapped player of all-time after being persistently overlooked by Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps.
Five domestic trophies won at City had not been enough to persuade Deschamps until now, with the former Athletic Bilbao centre-back in for next month s internationals as Barcelona s Samuel Umtiti misses out.
Laporte is one of 10 players included to have played no part in France s 2018 World Cup triumph, alongside Lille forward Jonathan Ikone, who wins a maiden call-up amid the injury absences of Kylian Mbappe an…
Chief executive Shaun Harvey says The Football League have had no contact from police regarding alleged match-fixing in the United Kingdom.
Six people have been arrested as part of a match-fixing investigation, police in the UK confirmed on Wednesday.
The country s National Crime Agency (NCA) revealed that the individuals had been taken into custody as part of an operation centring on possible illegal betting activity on matches.
While the individuals have not been named, national media reports allege the men being held include footballers.
The English Football Association have confirmed they are working with police.
Harvey said he understood the seriousness of the allegations but said The Football League were yet to speak to police.
We…
Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling says the lack of an agreement with the club over his new contract does not make him a money-grabber.
The England international s current deal expires at the end of next season, with manager Brendan Rodgers recently confirming that negotiations were to be shelved until the end of the current campaign.
While Rodgers maintains this is to allow Sterling to focus on his football, the 20-year-old s perceived refusal to put pen to paper has attracted criticism from certain quarters.
Sterling has previously spoken of his desire to stay at the club, where he has shot to prominence since making his debut in 2012.
And he told BBC Sport on Wednesday: I don t want to be perceived as a money-grabbing 20-year-old.
I just wa…